Monday, June 18, 2007

I Am The Exterminator

This is the time of year I miss Minneapolis. It's like a resort town this time of year - people shuffling off from city to lake, from coffee to bike path... the humidity not as bad as other places, the weekly thunderstorms breaking up the monotony.

This is the time of year I least like Los Angeles. But it's a temporary dislike. Living more than a few miles inland means dirty air and stuffier interiors. In October, I like this place. In January, I love it. In March, I like it again.

Once, when I was 19, I fell asleep while driving. It was only for a moment. But, to this day, I credit this man for saving me from a bad traffic accident in the hilly New Jersey coast. I could explain it to you but wouldn't you rather rely on your imagination?

Hey Alex - have a great class tonight.

Don't let this happen (basketball link).

It's been about a year since I was "Customer of the Week" at my local coffee place. You'd think my life would have changed for the better as a result. I can't say it did much for me. They still know my name there but I have to say - the glory and the honor was fleeting.

No comments: