Friday, August 31, 2007

The Perpetual Winner

I hear the band practicing. They just keep getting better. Is that Benatar's Heartbreaker they're playing now? Of course it is.

A clarification: When I say I've owned only 2 belts since 1995, I mean that I've owned only 2 belts since 1995. The brown one (purchased in 1995 in Owings Mills, MD) and the black one (purchased in 2003 in Santa Monica, CA).

I've worn one of them nearly every day since then. I amaze myself sometimes.

Here's a cool Shins video.

Here's a brilliant (and fairly speculative) comparison of two of the best concert movies of all time, neither of which I've seen.

The Situationist continues to fascinate: why New Yorkers live longer.

1 comment:

darknessatnoon said...

You've only "purchased" two belts since 1995.

I refuse to buy belts. I consider them the most superfluous pieces of clothing.