Thursday, August 23, 2007

Just another way of passing the day

Some things about me:

That's me in the picture. It's nearly a year old. It was taken during my birthday mini-golf outing last year. That's not my white truck. I don't know what was up with my hair. It's Jason's truck. I think I've told you this before.

My fingers are sticky from too much trail mix. My head is slinky from not enough sleep. I took three long walks today, two for fun and one for purpose. I feel better, sunnier.

I'm not a complicated man. I like the music of Caribou. I like Superbad.

I'm still not sure if the "italicizing titles" thing I do in this blog actually works the way I want it to.

Today, I had lunch for breakfast and breakfast for lunch. Seems backwards but it all makes sense to me.

I'm craving the enchiladas at Malo. I want my kitchen to clean itself.

I don't want to have decide between two equally compelling options. But I will if I have to.

I'm the kind of guy who, when I was a teenager, really appreciated a stray onion ring in the French fries.

People who know me are leaving town, disappearing in big cities, struggling, stalling, singing, living, taking pictures, and masking the brittleness of bones with the sanctity of time.

People who know me are disappointed, perplexed, impatient, and patient.

I didn't even see it coming. But I'm glad I saw it pass.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Where are you? Don't they have an internet conexion there? What about my softball question about Richard Ford?

Oh... The hot hot daze of summer.

My mother-in-law's here.