Friday, August 10, 2007

The Last Days Of 201N

A careful analysis of my blog counter statistics yields some important clues about my readers:
Many of you get here accidentally, by performing such common searches as "train songs" or "protective cups."

Others seem to live in or use ISP's based in Irvine or Akron.

Most of you use Firefox or Safari.

Exactly one
of you gets here via a link from someone else's blog.

Two or three of you have me bookmarked.

One of you lives in South Korea.

A surprising number of you get here by searching song lyrics such as "the screen door slams," "hot middle-aged women," or "get ourselves arrested."
I'm sitting in my small office at the university. I should be packing my boxes and (clear) plastic storage bins. They're moving me to a new office. The boxes will be sent there. The storage bins go into "deep storage" in the basement of the second oldest building on campus. They tell me I'll never see those bins again. That's cool. I don't need them.

My new office will be three times the size of this one. The building it is in has one-third the prestige that this one has. I consider this a fair trade.

I should be packing my boxes but I'm procrastinating. That's what I do. I like forced, artificial time pressures. I have three hours and three minutes left in my work day.

Hey @ - I have an idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An Idea, huh?