Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's A Ritual

I only have five days left (incl. today) at my current age. Then, it's another year, trudged up the memory tree.

I'm thinking about writing about the weather here but really what is there to say? It was hot, now it's not.

On my list of favorite vegetables, celery would not be found.

It's an odd little work life I have here. A woman who was a bridesmaid at my (failed) wedding works one floor above me, 2000 miles from where I knew her last. A man who had a cameo in a seminal early 90s movie about L.A. gang life works in the office next to mine. A girl with my (relatively rare) mother's name mans the front desk. A 130-piece marching band practices in the field outside my window. To stay up to date and relevant, they just added the Doobie Brothers' China Grove to their repertoire.

I heard a radio commercial today that blew my mind. It was an ad for the L.A. County fair. A decision was apparently made to wed the Fair's agricultural elements with the gritty streetwise reality of Los Angeles. To the tune of "Old McDonald had a farm, E I E I O," a hip-hop inflected vocalist sings "L.A. County has a fair, E I E I YO." It's beautiful.

1 comment:

Lily said...

Wow thats extremely wonderful I actually have detected a brand new app liquid rhinoplasty this app is nice and that i have started gazing it.Thanks for the assistance and suggesting the matter i'll travel with it.Keep publication and writing new article.