Monday, August 20, 2007

Strudel

There's a man barking like a dog into a megaphone a hundred feet from my office. That's the one downside of the office move. I'm closer to where the "yell team" practices. I'm also closer to the band. They're cool. They play marching band versions of Sexy Back and Carry On Home Wayward Son.

For the twelfth time in my life, I'm trying to become a vegetarian. I like tofu. I like veggie meatballs. I'll still eat fish. Even if fish really do have souls.

Here's an appreciation of Paul Simon's underappreciated 1990 album The Rhythm of the Saints on Stylus. Everyone talks about Graceland (and they should - it's one of the 14 best albums ever made) but his follow-up is pretty great too.

Here's an amazing collection of covers for Kerouac's On the Road (via Design Observer, via Alex).

Sometimes I prefer the chocolate brownie Clif bar. Sometimes I prefer the chocolate chip Clif bar. It just depends.

Superbad is funny. For example: .............

The man really is barking like a dog into a megaphone. He has the voice of Super Dave Osborne.

I haven't had any protein yet today. Except for what's in the Clif bar. I need more. But no meat.

No comments: