1. I saw School of Fish at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano in 1991.
2. I've been in two traffic accidents (as a driver) in 24 years of driving.
3. I've been in one accident (as a passenger).
4. It happened here.
5. The driver got in the accident because she was fast-forwarding the cassette of this album.
6. It was late 1986. Or early 1987.
7. I never bought anything from The Gap until 1999.
8. I'm half Swedish.
9. Other than airports, I've never been to Texas.
10. I've been to 39 states (again, not counting airports).
11. The 11 I haven't been to? Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kansas, and West Virginia.
12. No, Alex, I've never been to Kansas. Some day.
13. If you do count airports (and why wouldn't you?), you can add Texas and Tennessee to my list and make it 41.
14. I never drank coffee until I was 30.
15. I've never voted Republican.
16. I voted for Nader in 2000.
17. I think The Flintstones are better than The Simpsons. And I like The Simpsons.
18. I like smooth jazz. Sometimes.
19. I think season two of Twin Peaks was better than season one.
20. I like beets.
21. I saw R.E.M. in concert in 1985, 1986, and 1987.
22. I saw The Jacksons in concert during their Victory Tour in 1984. Not my idea.
23. I should have majored in English.
24. I have some problems with the film Fight Club.
25. The reason, Jason, I spoke ill of House of Pies is that my last visit there was a comical tragedy of rude service, crazed (not in a good way) customers reading aloud from science textbooks, more rude service, and - yes - weak pie. But this may have been an anomaly.
26. I regularly leave my desk to go to the library (for work reasons).
27. I still don't brush Seymour as much as I should.
28. I've never been to Ashland, Wisconsin. And I never want to go there. Never.
29. I saw Public Enemy in concert in 1990, 1991, and 1992.
30. I didn't realize that The West Wing wasn't a comedy until the show had been on for several years.
31. I've never watched The West Wing.
32. I hated Chicago (the city) from 1997 to 2006. Now I kind of like it.
33. I liked Chicago (the band) from 1973 to 1982. Now I don't care.
34. One of my favorite song of the 2000's actually includes the lyrics "You lose your way/You've got to land/You've got to make another plan."
35. My favorite sports (to watch and play), in order, are basketball, baseball, football, soccer, and tennis.
36. I am an excellent card player (when gambling is not involved).
37. I secretly like the song Pepper by Butthole Surfers.
38. I didn't like Sling Blade.
39. I liked Minority Report.
40. I'm half Egyptian.
41. I'm driving to Orange tonight.