Monday, May 14, 2007

9 Questions

This is my 333rd post. Wow.

3 + 3 + 3 = 9

Lately, some questions have been asked of me. Some of these questions were offered by you, the readers. Others have been dreamt or otherwise presupposed.

Where exactly was your new blog photo taken?
In the elevator of a Public Storage facility on Glendale Blvd. in Silverlake (Los Angeles).

What do you think you'll be doing in 5 years?
I have 5 answers to this question:
Writing the last 100 (of 1,000) pages of a memoir or novel.
Being an actual father.
Writing this blog.
Working somewhere (maybe here), with an additional hyphenated pair of words added to my title.
Eating more oatmeal.

Why have you been eating so much mashed sweet potato lately?
Because it was there.

Why have your cats been throwing up so much lately?
I don't know. Maybe it's seasonal? A reaction to change? The new bag of food? The old bag of food? It'll pass, probably.

What's your favorite episode of The Office?
Benihana Christmas, for its many payoffs.

What's your favorite line from that episode?
"Why don't you just buy the whole song?"

What's with your family's fascination with Japanese steakhouses, a fascination that has persisted from childhood... a fascination that has taken you to some of the finest gimmicky Japanese steakhouses in Bala Cynwyd, PA, Eden Prairie, MN, and La Verne, CA, among many other places?
I have several theories. For me, it's the bean sprouts. For my Dad, it was the knives and the trickery. For my Mom, it's the proximity to the people serving her. For my other relatives... well, they had no choice really.

How was Chicago?
It was good. But I only want aisle seats on planes, from this point forward. Ever.

Honestly, how many of these questions were actually asked of you?
2.

No comments: