Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New, Old, New

This post may be in danger of getting all reflective and life-lesson-y. I'll have to control myself. How do I keep from doing that? Well, for one, I could eschew a lengthy narrative in favor of a list.

Things I've Done / People I've Seen or Spoke to Lately, in Random Order

1. Last night, I celebrated my friend Mike's 37th birthday. As I was telling Mike, 37 is a good age. Watch out for what follows. But just be patient. It gets better.

2. On Monday, I saw baby Amelia for the first time in a while. She's cute.

3. On Monday, I also saw Alex, who I will see again tonight. She's cute too. Makes me very happy. Tonight we'll put quarters in a jukebox in a high-ceilinged bar near an authentic traffic circle. If they have this song or this song, I'm playing them. On Monday, we ate at a restaurant that, back in the 1980s, was endorsed in commercials by this man.

4. I spoke to my old friend Matt on the phone yesterday. For the first time in 17 years! There were many rumors as to Matt's whereabouts since 1990. There were whispers in Garden Grove corridors, murmurs in Edina basements. Apparently he's doing fine... teaching English in South Korea. He's back in California for a short visit.

5. Do you know any smart 10 to 12 year olds? Jeopardy is having an online test for them.

No comments: