Sunday, October 29, 2006

New poetry page

I've created a new page for my poetry experiment.

Go here for a poem a day, for the rest of my life.

I like putting my poetry on Blueprint Blue but I think they sometimes interrupt the flow of the blog. So I'll put them somewhere else.

I have a backlog of 2,000 or so poems written since 1996. That doesn't even count the admittedly lower quality stuff before then. Seeing as that they likely won't be published anytime soon, I thought a poetry page was necessary.

And yes I really will update it every day. For the rest of my life. With the backlog and with my current rate of poem writing being 2 a week, I will run out of material in mid-2017 unless I boost my production.

Yes, I just used all of these words in a discussion of my art: backlog, material, production. I'm like a rhyme factory, a verse man-u-fact-ur-er.

2 comments:

Ali said...

oh and thanks to They Might Be Giants and Helena for the partial inspiration for my poetry page.

Unknown said...

Partial? :P

It's a good thing you added this here afterthought, becase I was about to call you out!