Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Situs Inversus

I haven't spoken to you in a while.

Sure there were poems from long ago. And a strange fascination with protective athletic equipment. But I've been keeping my thoughts and dreams and observations fairly close to the vest and I don't even wear a vest.

What's new?

That new My Chemical Romance song is pretty amazing. I can't believe I just wrote that. Here they are in their new video (click on "media"). Yes, your eyes are deceiving you. That's not me singing. Yes that's what I would have looked like in '87 if I had straight blonde - as opposed to kinky brown - hair... and wore eyeliner and a bulletproof vest.

Speaking of skit/sketch comedy, last night's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was the most painful thing I've ever seen. Horrible. I had hopes for that show once. For a few minutes. Way back in late September. I should have known better. Aaron Sorkin.

I feel more confident in the script (referred to here as "unnamed Gainor/Ali vehicle") I'm collaborating on. I get it now. I see where we're going.

Griffith Park at sunset is beautiful.

Timberwolves rookie (and potential superstar) Randy Foye has his heart on the right side of his body. (?!) Scroll down on the linked page for proof.

Barack Obama for President? Sure. Yes.

Don't forget to listen to novelist Marisha Pessl on Michael Silverblatt's Bookworm show on Thursday. She's written the best book I've read in quite a while. And sure - the show always devolves into formless 6-minute questions from Silverblatt followed by vaguely aware answers from authors struggling to keep up but what else are you doing at 2:30 PDT on a Thursday?

No comments: