Friday, November 02, 2007

Well At Least The War Is Over

Some lists for a Friday:

Places In My Apartment Where My Cats Have Vomited In The Last 24 Hours, Ranked My Difficulty in Cleaning

1. On my bed (likely culprit: Seymour)
2. On the living room rug (Lily)
3. On the arm of my couch (Lily)
4. On the living room floor (Lily)
5. On the kitchen floor (Seymour)
(Why are they throwing up? Is it something in the food? I don't know. There have been other spates like this... and then they go weeks without an incident.)

Top 5 Pizza Places in Los Angeles (+ surrounding areas)
1. Cheebo, Hollywood
2. Damiano's, Fairfax (a definite worldwide #1 in the 90s; their product has slipped somewhat)
3. Z Pizza, various locations (very good for a chain)
4. Abbot's, Santa Monica (but not the one in Venice)
5. That place Ben and Karen order from on poker nights, Altadena/Pasadena

Top 5 Landmarks I Can See From My Window or Porch
1. The Hollywood Sign
2. Griffith Observatory
3. The fast food confluence on Western Avenue (a lone intersection that includes a McDonalds, a Burger King, a Taco Bell, and the ghost of a KFC; popular with the trannies)
4. Capitol Records Building
5. The Scientology compound on Franklin; they actually painted it blue!

Seven Reasons For Liking the Timberwolves' Chances This Season
1. Al Jefferson is better than even the most optimistic fan thinks
2. Rashad McCants isn't injured any more
3. Ryan Gomes just needed more playing time
4. Mark Madsen is injured
5 through 7. That's all I can think of; they actually look pretty bad

Seven Songs I've Liked Recently, From Various Eras
1. In Our Bedroom, After the War - Stars
2. Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
3. An Accident - LUYD
4. Teenage Liberation - The Hold Steady (the most Springsteen of their many Springsteen-ish songs)
5. Slow Show - The National
6. My Old Ways - Dr. Dog
7. Photograph - Ringo Starr (the best song by an ex-Beatle or the Beatles themselves)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will agree with you on Damiano's, the rest I am not so sure.

Still working on the riddle?

Need a clue?

Ali said...

Sure, give me a clue.

Ali said...

Shouldn't it be:

blue
tan
blue
burgundy
blue
BLACK
gray

?

Anonymous said...

I've had quite enough of this skunky lurker! More blog, less skunk!

Anonymous said...

blue, tan, blue, burgundy, blue, black, gray. And WHY? How do you reason this? The black is an interesting choice. I will give you a clue after I read your reply.

Ali said...

The black could also be gray.

Anonymous said...

Two gray's, hmm, this changes the dynamic of the puzzle. You either know more than I do about this or you are not thinking of the correct answer. Here is a clue, if you need it. Each word should be considered individually so as to give meaning to the aggregate.

darknessatnoon said...

husky,

seriously. This lurker is displeasing me. You don't want to see me displeased.

- Sharif

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't the "s" in "sign" (as in Hollywood Sign) be capitalized?

Anonymous said...

Darkness at Noon,

You are the last person on Earth I wish to be displeased. I would like to spare us all the displeasure of the skunky lurker and his/her lurkings.

-husky

Ali said...

ace,

it has been corrected.

respectfully and cordially yours,

BpB