Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hollywood Nights

I've spent the weekend in a couch-bound haze, eating mochi, drinking lemon ginger echinacea juice and wondering why well-wishers in three time zones aren't calling. I've watched the sun rise and set over the Hollywood Hills, enjoying the impeccably clear skies and the impossibly moderate weather. It's been one of the most boring uneventful weekends of my life. And I feel utterly completely content. This is unlike me. I'm supposed to worry and fret about the future. But the future is just... it's just going to be there. Nothing I can do about it but make it perfect.

I should go see a movie. My immune system can handle that. Too much football. I've gone out for coffee and crossword puzzles. Yesterday, I went out for Wahoo's and randomness. I have a feeling I'm not going out tonight. The chills in my body keep me under covers. The heaviness in my head keeps my feet still.

But again... I'm completely utterly content. I don't understand. It really shouldn't be that way, given the circumstances.

I did have a thought at 3:00AM, when I was stirred awake by the thought that I should leave the couch and go to the bed. I thought... this can't go on forever. Eventually, something will give and I'll be playing basketball with my children in a leaf-strewn park. But there are no children yet. There aren't too many leaves in Lemon Grove Park. But there's a basketball court there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of crossword puzzles, why don't you work on the riddle. Just a suggestion, not a question.

Ali said...

How about a clue for the riddle? Or a completely new riddle?

Anonymous said...

Let's stay with the original riddle. I will however give you another clue. Remember, each word is a color. Each color represents a unique thing. Each unique thing is also similar.