Friday, September 28, 2007

Richter

I couldn't leave Los Angeles, could I?

This morning, waiting to turn left from Larchmont on to 3rd Street, I saw this man, waiting to turn left from 3rd to Larchmont:
















Now it's not that this great man's celebrity that impresses me. It's that he happens to be the best talk show sidekick of all time. Plus, the loss of his recent failed sitcom - Andy Barker P.I. - still makes me sad (and keeps me from deleting the short-lived show's six episodes from my DVR). As he waited for to make the left turn (after dutifully leaving room for a high-speed LAPD cruiser to pass by, westbound), he seemed content with his decision to leave Conan and pursue the elusive successful TV series. Despite the morning drizzle, his window was open.

He was driving a tan-and-black Mini-Cooper. How cool is that - a man of his proportions squeezing into a smallish car, merely because he likes its design and simplicity? No Range Rover or Hummer for Andy. He's got style.

No comments: