Friday, September 14, 2007

You Offer Infrared Instead Of Sun

At the Thai restaurant yesterday, my fortune cookie last night told me "You will make an important decision soon." That's the last thing I wanted to read. I've had enough with the important decisions. Can't I have some easy choices? Can't someone else resolve the countless approach-avoidance conflicts?

Not that I believe in fortune cookies.

Murray has a web presence.

This video reminds me of one of my moments of greatest disappointment. It was in the fall of 1990. My favorite band then (now my third favorite band) Prefab Sprout were finally touring in the U.S. During the 1980s, their cassettes and records were mainstays in my cars and bedrooms. But I never had that "live" connection to them because they never toured. Until 1990. And not only were they coming to America, they were coming to Minneapolis. They were playing in the tiny Fine Line Music Cafe, of all places. I could be three feet away from Paddy, two feet from Wendy. I still remember the date of the show: October 28, 1990.

My friend John and I bought tickets. The next day, for reasons still unexplained, they canceled the tour. As far as I know, they've never played in America. The bastards.

Anyway, watch the video. I love that song.

No comments: