Thursday, January 11, 2007

Rivers

I watched my first nearly-complete Timberwolves game of the season on TV last night (vs. the Clippers). I was reminded of a few things: the sheer beauty of the NBA, the amazing talent of Kevin Garnett, the seemingly random (but not) variability of basketball (Garnett missed an open shot that would have won the game; it missed by millimeters and it wasn't luck that made it bounce off the back of the rim), the joy in watching two good (not great) teams, and Sam Cassell's odd facial structure. Overall, it was a fun time but with a sad ending.

I love the iPod. I just wanted to say that.

My favorite song of right now. It needs to be heard three consecutive times before it kicks in.

My oft-mentioned (in conversation, not in the blog) resolution to run a marathon this year is still in effect. It won't be easy though. The first week of training was a breeze. My shins and lower back, rested after months of not running, felt no pain and said to me: "bring it on, we can take it!" But the repetition of every-other-day running has taken its toll and I've conceded that I need 2 or 3 days rest between runs. I'm not a young man anymore. I'm merely a young-ish man who looks good for his age.

No comments: