Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cereal

As an experiment I want to write about one of the most boring things in a world, just to see if I can sustain your attention.

I've lived in many places. Something like 23 homes in 3 countries. Within the U.S. I've lived in 5 states (counting the "Massachusetts Experiment"). I've lived through it all - a man walking on the moon, Michael Jackson's moonwalk, the invention of call waiting, the birth of e-mail, the death (and eventual resurrection of) punk, and that one time my car got stranded in South Pasadena back in '93. I've lived!

The world has changed around me but one thing has remained a constant: cereal. I've always liked it. It's always been around me. In all forms: big boxes/little boxes, hot/cold, healthy/sugary, oaty/flaky. Sometimes cereal is just a routine - a slightly healthy appetite satisfier. Sometimes it's the most beautiful thing in the world.

The trite thing would be to make a list of the best cereals I've ever tasted. It would include the long lost original Apple Cinammon O's (on the market for a depressingly short time in '92) and that English stuff I praised in my 10/27/06 post. A list isn't in the cards today.

In fact I'm a little bored by this topic. Goodbye.

No comments: