Thursday, August 03, 2006

Why Can't They Use Hot Air Balloons?

I'm sleepy today. After a (very enjoyable) evening out last night, I fell alseep easily and breezily, only to be stirred awake at 4:12am by the sound of two relentless circling police helicopters. Usually, they circle farther north, up by Hollywood Boulevard where nothing good happens on the street between 2 and 5:30 in the morning. This morning, they were directly above the street below my street, looking for something nefarious I hope.

The helicopters scared Seymour. He crawled under the blanket with me. except for really cold nights, he hasn't crawled under the blanket since the '94 earthquake. For those who don't know me, Seymour is a cat.

The noise kept me awake, although I was able to sleep in rabbit-hop-like spurts. The helicopters - both of them - kept circling until I woke up permanently at my favorite time, 7:17. Their now-unnecessary lights were still fixed somewhere near the corner of Lemon Grove and Hobart.

I hope they found what they were looking for. I'm sleepy today.

No comments: