Tuesday, August 29, 2006

2/3

On Thursday, the decade will be two-thirds over. August 31, 2006. 6 years, 8 months gone. 3 years, 4 months to go. Now I'm not one to make lists, but this seems like a good time to make some retrospective lists. Usually I make lists at arbitrary points in time. But the two-thirds point makes sense for several reasons:
  • -No one else will be making lists because a holiday weekend is coming up.
  • -No one else will be making lists because no one else is a math geek like me.
  • -Two's company; three's a crowd.
As an added feature, the lists will be 6.666 entries long. Decades lend themselves to top 10 lists. 2 divided by 3 is 6.66666666etc. I haven't exactly worked out what the .666 thing will mean - perhaps it will be a regular entry, making them top 7 lists in essence. Or, maybe I'll get all meta and find great incomplete works for that last spot.

I will make lists of the regular things you expect of me - movies, books, fruits, albums, etc. There will be 6.666 lists, the last list being a top 4.444 list because, well you know why. I will take your suggestions for list subject matter.

Now what to call the decade we're currently in? I refuse to call it the aughts because that's just ridiculous. People who say "aught" are people who pronounce "grease" with a Z sound and leave toothpicks in their mouths well after the meal is over.

They called the years 1900 through 1909 the 1900's. I'll call this decade the 2000's.

The lists will begin appearing Thursday and continue into next week.

In the meantime, I apologize for linking to this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a top list of your top lists.