Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My Top 10 Blog Posts

In honor of my 400th post yesterday, today I offer my most ego-driven post ever: My Top 10 Blog Posts:

10. Billy vs. Neil, 12/9/05
One of many self-indulgent music posts, but the only one to make the list. I proved a minor point with pointless reasons and made myself laugh every time I read it. Hey hey, I didn't start the fire but I'm here to spread its glowering beauty.

9. The Streetballer, 4/28/06
A story from my youth, told in a manner that makes the events seem more monumental than they were. And they were very monumental.

8. The Greatest Thing Anyone Has Ever Said, 5/22/06
Being that this is a true story about the greatest thing ever said, it should have made the top 5. If I truly nailed it, it would have been number one. But I didn't get it quite right, so it slips to #8.

7. Fairly Dickensian, 3/16/05
One of many self-indulgent college basketball posts, but the only one to make the list. This was more than an incredibly long entry about the NCAA tournament. It was my first incredibly long entry about the NCAA tournament. And you never forget your first time. The story about the dentist is particularly good.

6. Moving On Up, Down The Road, 6/2/05
A lovingly, accurately rendered tale from "The Santa Monica Years."

5. I still owe you for the hole in the floor, 5/15/07
80% of the top 5 is from 2007. Have I become a better writer? No. Have I become a better blogger? Yes. This is a rambling, shambling piece about seven things at once. I love it.

4. Orange, 1/30/07
Sometimes the best memories are the ones that come from anticipation.

3. Kirby, 3/8/06
There are two memory posts about the 80s (#9, #4), several about the 00s, and this lone representative of that greatest of decades, the 90s. After my still laudable Oscar commentary, I give you a truly memorable night from 1991. I ruminate about death. I miss them all. I like the comments. Also, my first entry with pictures.

2. English Is My Second Language, 4/10/07
I try to communicate my communication difficulties. I want everyone to know these things. But everyone already knew.

1. The Women In My Family, 9/12/07
It's not perfect. It could have been better. But it's here because it's honest and funny and likely the basis for everything that's ever been.

No comments: