Saturday, October 20, 2007

List Saturday

5 Things From the 1970s That I Miss
1. Ubiquity of the saxophone
2. Better soft pretzels
3. Boxier cars
4. Gatefold sleeves
5. I can only think of 4

5 Things From Now That I Like
1. Vitamin Water (XXX Flavor)
2. Better TV shows
3. Basketball blogs
4. Ubiquity of basil
5. CVS gift cards (strangely, I keep getting them... for free)

4 Most Surprising Things About Californication (the Showtime series)
1. David Duchovny nails this role better than anyone has a right to.
2. Despite the story lines often being preposterous and gratuitous, I relate to the struggles of the main characters (though my nipple has never been torn off and my blog has a much better title).
3. I can see what they all see in each other.
4. I hated the first episode and then completely changed my mind.

Top Cities Where My Relationships Have Ended*
1. Santa Monica (3)
2. Los Angeles (2)
3. (tie) Los Angeles, Denver**, Milwaukee, Sherman Oaks, CA, Warrington, PA (1 each)
*This includes break-ups and "breaks"
**I was in Denver, she was somewhere else

Top 5 Chick-Fil-A Sandwich Experiences
1. Orange, CA, 2007
2. Phoenix, 1996
3. Montgomeryville, PA, 1981
4. Cerritos, CA, 1991
5. Atlanta, 1999

Worst 2 Comedies Ever
1. Dodgeball
2. Bowfinger

3 Things the World Will Say When John From Cincinnati Comes Out on DVD
1. Why did they cancel this?
2. What can we do to get them to make more?
3. Why didn't we support this when it was on the air?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great entry... I especially like the note about David D. and his greatness on Californication.

Anonymous said...

Making lists is good therapy. Keep it up. You are making progress.