Friday, October 26, 2007

Forget Your Name

The last 15 hours of my life have been a whirlwind of horrible engine sounds, tow trucks, sitcoms, howling cats, and carbohydrates. Now, I'm safely settled in my cool clean office and I never want to leave here even if it's pretty nice outside.

The good news: that soul-crushing sound coming from the engine (a sound witnessed others, not just me) is gone, replaced by a gentle four-cylinder whir.

The bad news: it could come back at any time.

The weekend is here. My plans include: finishing the screenplay (really), seeing at least one movie (maybe alone, but that's how it goes), and emerging victorious at the monthly poker game in the 626 (you've been warned, though I don't think any of my opponents read this blog.) Halloween parties? Still no invitations but whatever - no one would understand my Paul Auster costume (black shirt, black pants, dark circles under the eyes).

This is several years old but it popped up on my iPod yesterday: William Shatner and Joe Jackson singing Pulp's Common People. It's brilliant mainly for Jackson's performance. You can probably ignore overly literal homemade video that accompanies the song.

Two basketball notes: I couldn't live without this Timberwolves blog. And I wouldn't want to live without freedarko's player-centric NBA preview. Wow. (Link is for part 1 - don't forget 2 and 3.)

No comments: