Monday, March 05, 2007

The Juror

This is my first (and possibly only) post written from the public computer terminals ($5 per hour!) in the Los Angeles Superior Court jury waiting room. Yes, for the first time in my life, I was called in for jury duty. I'm hoping my civic duty will be fulfilled today and I won't actually be one of the people randomly selected to be assigned to a case. This wish to avoid jury duty is based more on general courthouse claustrophobia than it is on a distaste for civic responsibility.

(The exception to this wish would be if I got to serve on the Phil Spector murder trial. That would be fun. I could ask Phil to explain this.)

In the jury waiting room, there are several cheesy fake movie posters advertising the many famous people who have served on Los Angeles juries. They include Jamie Lee Curtis, Edward James Olmos, Ed Asner, Harrison Ford, Judge Lance Ito, and, of course, "Weird Al"Yankovic.

italicized update: I made it through without having to serve on a jury. Back to work tomorrow.

No comments: