Thursday, June 23, 2005

PRSTU

7 predictions for tonight's Game 7 of the NBA Finals:

1. ABC announcer Al Michaels will seem both bored and impressed with himself. He will, however, provide an effective play-by-play account of the game.
2. Commentator Hubie Brown will switch between first, second, and third person, and between past and future (but not present) tense in the same sentence. Everything he says, however, will be spot-on.
3. For each big shot Robert Horry makes, he will miss two. The ratio is 1:1 for most other players.
4. I will be the only person who remembers when Chauncey Billups was a Timberwolf, and how if he had been on the Wolves last season, they would have beaten the Lakers.
5. Rasheed Wallace will be the best player on the court.
5a. Tony Parker will be the second best.
6. Spurs 98
7. Pistons 94

It seem like I should be getting closer to cracking the spider code in A Treasure's Trove (see below) But I'm not. Now, I'm too frustrated to even begin the process of writing down color combinations and matching them to 5x5 alphabet-with-missing-Q grids. I've been reduced to just reading the story and adopting more of a holistic approach. Note to my friends in Minnesota: If one of my nine new hunches is even remotely plausible, I may be sending one of you to the greater Bemidji area. Bring rubber gloves. And salad tongs.

The move to the new apartment is in exactly one week. The crazy neighbors have been strangely quiet. I foresee one more wild burst of action this weekend. Perhaps the former tenant, the hunched one called Hambone, will visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Hambone. She was a very large oddly pretty lady with a big fierce dog. She fed her dog big bloody bones which he chewed to bits and left on our lawn. That's why we called her Hambone. She was also the only known love interest of the elder neighbor son. Or is there a different Hambone?

Jason said...

My god, you're good.

I especially loved it when Hubie said, "You're always going to get a high screen in this situation."

Two seconds passed.

"And there it is."

I wanted Ben Wallace to get Finals MVP.

And what's the deal with Larry Brown's bladder. Is he going to get a Bionic Bladder?