Thursday, June 09, 2005

And Now You Finally Know That

(Note to readers: I corrected my blog settings and now anyone can comment anonymously or by name. Previously, I had the default setting and you had to be registered in order to comment. Now, anyone can say anything to me. I may even read it)

Today I’m posting from home. Usually I’m at work, in my gray-walled cubicle as I strain to find just the right set of words to bring the paragraph home, around the bend and up the mountain. (Note to bosses: I do all blogging during one of my two union-required non-lunchtime 20-minute breaks. Note to readers: Do you think I’m lying to my bosses?)

But it’s a quiet Thursday night. I’ve just watched the sluggish Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Seymour (a cat) sleeps on my feet. Lily (another cat) paces around the room. Laurel (a wife) is out, socializing with the Alexander Technique community.

Uh-oh. I’ve alluded before to Seymour being bulimic. And he just purged on the living room rug. I must clean it.

Never mind. It’s nothing but a hairball.

Wow. It’s 10:00. I have dishes to clean. And I think I want a bath. I’ll listen to the new Clem Snide CD. I’ll read that book I’m reading. I’ll think about that novel I imagine myself writing. Bye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're very clever. I like your blog a great deal. It's loads of fun to read. Sometimes I even laugh right out loud, and squirt Crystal Light out my nose. I have cats too, with many troubles. Bubble, the elder kitty, likes to chew up remote controls, and Muffin, the younger kinder kitty, likes to chew up the blinds. Do your kitties eat remote controls and blinds, or other things?

Ali said...

Seymour likes Twis-ties. Lily likes shoelaces. And they both love rubber bands (who doesn't?). Thanks for the kind words.