Sunday, July 08, 2007

July

I hate July.

It's endless. Too hot. The sun comes up at the wrong time and sticks around too long.

The air conditioning gets to my brain. The fruit spoils too soon.

Traffic jams take longer. Walks become more arduous.

July.

Movies and TV are lame. Music doesn't sound like music. Poetry is more labored and screenplays plots seem meaningless because who would want to think about making a movie in July.

There must be something good about July. Maybe the Wahoo's will taste especially good on the patio tonight. Maybe the new office construction will be done and I begin the transition.

Maybe August will come.

23 days more.

The 29th through 31st will be fun.

The 20th will be fun.

That leaves 19 insufferable days.

I can do it.

I've lived through worse. Remember the summer of 1993? Remember the whole first half of the 90s when I was heavily into folk music?

Remember OCTOBER 1990, the cruelest month ever?... Pam and her mysticism and that awful take-out pasta in that stupid apartment.

Okay, I'm happier now. That was therapeutic.

No comments: