Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Things Are Good On The West Coast

My legs are tired from the TreadClimber.

My eyes are chalky from the smog.

My arms are itchy from the flea(s).

My head is filled with songs and facts (in word and number form).

July. I'm not alone in considering it my least favorite month.

But don't mistake these sentences for unhappiness. A good July beats a bad November.

My stomach is sick of the Red Vines.

My feet miss the floor.

My iPod(s) battery(ies) suck(s).

Sometimes I'm underestimated. Sometimes they get it just right.

I'm taking the bus downtown on my lunch break. Nothing like rice and beans and tofu and lemonade on the hottest day of the year. Let's hope the air conditioning works on the bus. It's bad enough I have to walk up the hilly part of Hill Street at midday, waiting for the government's own lunch break to end.

2:30 Update: I eschewed the tofu bowl and got the "West Coast Burrito" instead. It did have beans in it. The buses - all three of them - had air conditioning.

No comments: