Friday, May 19, 2006

thinking

Here I am, nestled in the comfortable belly of my office, preferring this life to that of a boiler room sailor, trapped at sea for months, weary for home, etc.

Still, there are alternatives to being an academic researcher.

Including: professional poker player (I dominated the Altadena Regional Ronnie James Dio Memorial Poker Tournament last week), Midwest peasant farmer (I hear the soil near Madison is lush), reality show producer (I have an idea!), novelist (it all begins under a mango tree), raconteur (whatever that means), blogger-for-hire (e-mail me if interested), or social psychology instructor.

Perhaps I should just take three deep breaths and look around at the world around me.

Or maybe I should follow the dust in the wind, carrying on home like a wayward son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soft and lush = lovely.
Lovely, indeed.

Ali Fahmy likes lovely, doesn't he?
Lovely likes Ali.

My vote? Peasant farmer, of course.