Friday, May 23, 2008

Seattle, For the Third Time

I'm going to Seattle this weekend for a conference. Yes, that conference. To honor this journey, here's a short list of things I've done in Seattle, a list I hope to update soon.

1. In 1996, I left my treasured black jacket in a car. I had this jacket since 1988. Yes, it was eight years old and I was still very upset that the jacket would be gone forever. If only.... if only some kind soul (whose name, face, and purpose escapes me) packaged and mailed the jacket back to me. I kept it for two more years before ritualistically disposing of it in an alley off Emerson Avenue in south Minneapolis.

2. In 1999, I went with my (then) (future) (ex) wife to Seattle to celebrate the millennium. We stayed in an odd Bed & Breakfast. The breakfasts there were great, the bed uncomfortable.

3. On that same 1999 trip, we had a nice New Years Eve dinner at a nice restaurant in a nice part of town near some nice water.

4. Later that night we tried to find a good spot to watch the millennial fireworks from. We drove around some large body of water and finally stopped. The display was colorful. It was suddenly the 21st Century!

5. We went up to the top of the Space Needle. And eventually came back down.

Ideally, I will expand this list to ten the next time I run out of ideas.

2 comments:

Jason said...

This is my comment.

Jason said...

I hope Seattle was a blast!