Saturday, December 22, 2007

Jens Lekman Is Playing At My House

I have too many sofas and not enough chairs.

I have too much cereal and not enough milk.

I have too much floor and not enough table.

I found myself in a WalMart at 1:00 in the morning the other night. It was an accident.

I'm sitting by my window, for the first time ever.

Two nights ago, I dreamed of a crowded police press conference. In front of the spokespeople were bottles of water. Aquafina. In the dream, a group of kids touring the building (I believe it was City Hall) stopped to watch the police talk. One boy broke the silence: "Cops and water, water and cops." I have no idea what this means.

I won a raffle at my office holiday party. I like winning.

And you know me... I'm not too overly sentimental. I've been called "sarcastic" and "emotionally distant." I've been evaulated as "difficult to read" and "stoic." Whatever.... Anyway, I usually don't link to impossible feel-good stories but it's the holidays and I heard this on the radio last night and it's pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Berkeley Power Grip said...

Have to admit that I haven't been checking this so regularly lately - and thus am not too disappointed that you haven't been writing so regularly...but I'm hoping for the usual end of year top 10 (or however many) lists!