Monday, May 02, 2005

Staff Inflection

The weekend was warm and fleeting. Much time was spent with disc 3 of season 1 of Arrested Development. A green jacket was purchased. Bright lime green. End-of-season sale. I can't wait for the warmth to go away.

Last night Laurel and I saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. My fine-tuned rating: Better than any of the Lord of the Rings or Star Wars films; not quite as good as Fever Pitch. Better than My Bodyguard, less good than My Architect.

Today's meeting statistics: 2 meetings attended, 1 of them necessary. During the unnecessary meeting, 4 more unnecessary meetings were scheduled. I suspect that at least 1 of these 4 meetings will result in at least 2 additional meetings. Total meetings completed: 2. Total meetings scheduled/anticipated: 6. Net meeting "gain": 4. For more on this topic, see my March 10 entry.

The NBA playoffs are strange this year. Watching the games and not having any of my favorite/local teams (Timberwolves, Lakers, Clippers) involved is like eating yogurt with a fork: tasy but not wholly satisfying. It's like 1994 all over again and if you know anything about my life, 1994 wasn't one of the good ones (save for the West Coast rap).

Interesting fact: When one gets a collect call from the Cook County Correctional Facility in Chicago (Psychiatric Unit), you know it says on the Caller ID: Prison. That's all. Just Prison. One word says so much.

No comments: