Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Demolition

Here's a new story I wrote. It just got posted on the very fine short story site Pindeldyboz. The story went through seven titles before I decided on the one you see above. It could just as easily been called Threadbare or We Used To Go Driving Down Paved Roads. Or Albatross or An Accident. Or Time Brought Us Keeshas. Or The Again Twist. But it's called Demolition.

I don't have that much to say today. Or, to be more accurate, I don't have the time to say it. I will say I enjoyed my arduous workmanlike weekend in San Francisco, a city that glows in the sun when it gets the chance. I enjoyed the new Todd Dolondz movie Palindromes. There's a moment in it that just might be one of the best moments in film history. You could even see it coming and shudder from the sheer amazement of the moment. Overall, the movie is a creepy palindromic delight that will offend the sensitive and the insensitive, two groups to which I belong. I did not, however, enjoy my flying experience. My new rule: if the city is within 600 miles, I'm driving.

No comments: