Friday, November 20, 2009

Catching Up

In retrospect, the near-mugging blog entry from the other day wasn't as fun/irreverent as I had hoped. People seem to be showing actual concern. I guess it really was kind of scary. Anyway, the number of typos and mishandled footnotes and inconsistencies have led me to pull it off the blog for now. I can do better. I WILL do better.

A few non-near-mugging, non-music-list observations:
  • The 2009-2010 edition of my beloved Minnesota Timberwolves may be the worst team in the history of the NBA. Ryan Hollins and Damien Wilkins playing big minutes? Ramon Sessions being our big free agent addition? Sasha and Olek? Jesus. Don't make me switch to the Lakers. Or the Blazers.
  • My summer 2009 gummi bear obsession has run its course. I've traded in the sweet for the salty.
  • If a cat lovingly head-butts a human enough times, that human will grow to love the cat even more.
  • A poem about bags - here.
  • Long Beach, I'm still not sure if you're my final answer or if I choose the path of darkness that is L.A. You haven't really come through and the gasoline costs are starting to annoy me.
  • I will now stand up from my chair and walk one-quarter mile to the east. I will cross Figueroa. I will eat pizza. I will leave a tip. I will be sated.

No comments: