Monday, August 04, 2008

500

This is my 500th post.

How do I celebrate this milestone?

Well, my life is a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. They just re-aired the one Monk episode that even I can't defend (Christmas party). Manny Ramirez is a Dodger and I'm not supposed to like the Dodgers but I do. The new Hold Steady album is great but two of the best three songs are two of the three bonus tracks. I can't decide whether my mid-life life goal is to run a marathon, a 25K, a half-marathon, or a 10k. I do know this: right now I'm getting tired just after running 1K, so I have work to do. I just ate three different foods purchased at Fresh-N-Easy and I can honestly say none of them tasted good and none of them will be purchased by me again. I have more clean laundry than I know what to do with and slightly less dirty laundry than that but still enough that I should do know something about all of it. I'm tired but don't need to sleep. I've started six books in the last three weeks and don't plan on finishing any of them (which is not to say I don't finish books because I just finished three). I miss going to the beach. I miss the winding part of PCH, right before the last winding part before Zuma Beach. I wish it would all get quieter.

So, the preceding 499 posts have been about one thing and this is about the other.

Or it's all the same.

Or none of it means a thing.

Or it all means everything.

(Note: I wrote a blog post on Saturday. But I wrote it in a notebook. I don't feel like transcribing it yet. It's a good one, far better than this drivel. I've never written or typed the word "drivel" before. I may never have said it.)

No comments: